The midwives of the John Hunter, including those on the team, wish to thank everyone
who has responded  to the news of the "suspension' of our team.

We have been heartened by the support and encouragement coming from consumers and
other midwives from many parts of Australia.  It is encouraging for all of us to have
such  tangible expressions of support at this time.

Despite the very real sadness, we all appreciate that "The Team" is not the only
midwifery model we have here, and that women will still be able to be cared for by
midwives, however, we have a real sense of loss for the crisis around this special
team.

Please be aware that some individuals who are receiving the many letters and emails
because of their official  positions, have actually gone on the record as supporting
the team, and may not have personally supported the controversial decision we are now
dealing with.

We have been given assurance that this "suspension"  is only temporary, but we need
continued support to ensure that this promise is actually kept.

Thank you all, and keep up the good work.