Dear all
I have just returned home after the National ACMI 'Hearts, Hands and Minds'
conference in Hobart.  I would love to be able to go on to Byron Bay for the
Homebirth conference, but that's not possible.  The babies that are due have
waited for me to return, but I doubt they'll wait much longer.

I was acutely conscious at the conference of many of the midwives who I have
met through this list, and who I met face to face for the first time.  These
are people who have shared their wisdom and passion through this list.
Many of us commented on whether the person (in the flesh) was what we
expected from the online meetings.

I believe that the open communication that this list has facilitated has
been significant in a growing sense of expectancy in midwifery.  We are
expecting big changes.

Tomorrow (Monday) the Senate Inquiry into childbirth procedures is hearing
submissions in Melbourne.  I expect to be there.  ACMI Vic is presenting at
11-11.45 am, Maternity Coalition 1.30-2 pm, and the Obstetricians 4-5pm.

Joy Johnston