From: cjknight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tuesday, 16 October 2001 9:58
Subject: Re Episiotomy competencies

Dear Listers
Can anyone help me with some statistics  regarding how many student midwives complete their education without performing an episiotomy? I was unable to gain that competency during my education and there have been few opportunities to gain competency in my current practice despite being in my current position 7 years. I work in low risk midwifery based in a rural hospital. My practice is being called into question over this matter so it is important that I get hold of some evidence to back up my assertion that this is not an uncommon situation.
Thanks
Jane