Actually, from clues in your email address, I'm guessing QLD?!!!  Let me know.

Jayne

----- Original Message -----
From: Jayne
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2002 6:34 PM
Subject: Re: Recommendation

Kirsty,

Which state/area are you in?

Jayne

--- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2002 5:28 PM
Subject: Recommendation

Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody could recommend a Doctor who is highly considerate of a mothers wishes.  (I know what is going through your minds after that one... hee hee.)  I have spent much time considering my available options (unfortunately home birth is not financially one of them... maybe by the time we have our third they will allow HB Midwives to be covered by insurance...)

I don't really want to leave everything to 'pot luck' and hope that I manage to visit the right Doctor who will work WITH me instead of for me.  I was quite fortunate that the hospital (public) was so busy on the day I delivered our first child - I had NO intervention, and was told to 'listen to my body' when I was suddenly pushing...

When I mentioned to my GP that we would be trying and I wanted to know if she knew anybody who had ideals aligned with my own, she said that she could only go by her own experience and could only therefore recommend her own OB so I would probably be better off talking to friends.  I decided this wouldn't help much as I only know two people who have recently had babies and neither of them were happy with their OB's.

So any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks and keep smiling!
Kirsty.