Hi,

My SIL's niece whom I met at Christmas dinner last year (we talked lots as
were both preggo - and opting for Birth Centre deliveries etc.), birthed her
first baby - a little girl - last Sunday.

My SIL (Sherrill) informed me of this over the phone (we are interstate from
one another) and I asked how it all went.  She had been to see her the day
afterwards and the birth had gone really well, but Sherrill said that bub
had to be resuscitated and didn't breathe on her own until 3 mins after the
birth.  Sherrill was uninclined to ask the baby's parents if there were
possible ongoing complications from this (didn't want to make them
paranoid), but she remains quite concerned about the baby's health.  I asked
how she seemed and Sherrill said she was breastfeeding and had apparently
passed a hearing test (which I presume was administered due to the delay in
her breathing).

I thought I'd check with you professionals as to whether that time frame of
not breathing after birth was of concern in the medium to longer term.  I
only intend to ask for Sherrill, not the baby's parents.

Jo