Hi Tina - it IS dangerous. Aside from what the woman is feeling at the time (I shudder!), it has the potential to cause physical trauma and introduce infection. This pactice went out with button up boots.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 5:10 PM
Subject: Re: VBAC question

Please excuse my inexperience on this issue, but I thought that putting a hand inside a uterus that has just given birth was dangerous (unless there was a life threatening situation) & increased the chance of rupturing the uterus.  I am sure some wise woman told me this during my mid. training (could be wrong though).  I have never heard of this being performed either.

Tina H.