Probably is an American one. I worked in Saudi and it was run more like the American way that the Australian/English way and they gave Erythromycin eye ointment to all babies at birth in case of STD's. Must admit I had more trouble from the Irish when it came to enema's than I did from the Americans.

Heplock = IV cannula insitu "just in case".

Cheers

Judy

From: "Grant and Louise" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Ozmidwifery" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: re:consumer representation
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 17:50:02 +1000
I agree with most of what is listed, BUT - in 13 years midi I've never seen
anyone put eye drops in a baby at birth - what for?. Or give an enema
without it being asked for. What is a hep lock? The list sounds like it is
from an american web site, is it?
Louise

-- This mailing list is sponsored by ACE Graphics. Visit to subscribe or unsubscribe.