I was wondering if anyone ever remembers any type of media reports relating
to the closure of the Liverpool Team Midwifery Project??  I find it very
surprising that I cannot find anything about this closure within the
newspaper archives.  There had to be some form of publicity?

Thanks
Alphia

At 12:28 PM 21/05/02 +1000, Judy Chapman wrote:
>They did work out a salary for the Team Midwives in Mackay but that did
>not stop them from closing us down. We were all paid as  level two so they
>said that it made us too expensive as there were too many level two's
>around. We worked some call (nights) and flexi time so there was never any
>overtime or call fees.
>Had some aggro from the core midwives as they were not level two but then
>most of them did not take on any of the extra responsability that we did
>and a large proportion of the core staff were ones who only wanted to come
>to work, not get stretched too far so stay in the AN PN ward and collect
>the pay. Forget all about it when you go home. All were given an
>opportunity to be on a team from the beginning.
>Cheers
>Judy
>

>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: Closure of Liverpool Team Midwifery Project
>Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 15:52:26 EDT
>
>Why can't they come up with a salary payment method for midwives who work in
>groups/teams?  marilyn
>

>Judy Chapman
>Midwife
>07 47490764

Alphia Garrety (Ba. Hons.)
PhD. Candidate
School of Sociology and Justice Studies
Bankstown Campus, University of Western Sydney
UWS Locked Bag 1797
South Penrith Distribution Centre
NSW 1797 Australia

Phone: 02 97726628