Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 12:17 PM
Subject: Re: Cosleeping

My understanding from a SIDS Director in WA that Co-sleeping is only cntra indicated if the parents are under the influence of drugs and highly questionable on waterbeds!

My experience in the past is that these ancedotal reports of SIDS and co sleeping are just that, anecdotes/stories?
Where as SIDS does definitely does happen for babies sleeping alone often in other rooms !

Perhaps some one else has the web site for James McKennas study and other supportive of co-sleeping?

The other thing about this SIDS foundation is a great career path for many in laboratories whilst women, mothers are being encouraged to fear for their babies and rely on the instructions of others rather than tune into their babies, breast feed them etc!

cynical denise