Yes I too prefer "Striving for a Better Birthing Future".

I have a few reservations about using the term "women" in the slogan, as we immediately exclude 50% (approx.) of the population, of which many also have concerns about the state of childbirth today, and would wish to improve things.  We are still within a system which - like it or not - includes men in positions of influence, and if we have to change the system, then we need to play within the system, and we can't afford to potentially alienate a substantial portion of the people that we are trying to convince.  There are several prominent male obstetricians who have endorsed the plan, it it would be nice to see men figure in the launch of the Plan.

I know that many women consider birth to be wholly women's business - and I do not wish to denigrate those considerations.  However, my own personal feelings are that birth is not just a womens' issue - after all we give birth to boys, and how we birth them will influence their future - so men should have a vested interest in what we are all striving for.

We are in a post-feminist age now - to restrict this to a feminist issue risks raising barriers that we don't need.

These are my personal opinions of course, and I appreciate that others may not feel this way - but just felt I needed to speak up :-)

Debbie Slater
CBE
Perth, WA