Looks like everyone is thinking along the same lines.  I sent an email to Dr Karl (as he likes to be known) and also to triple J where he "appears" quite often challenging them to do an article/info session on the whole birth industry and indicating how narrow it currently is - of course quoting some well known facts such as the Scandanavian countries having a lower maternal and fetal mortality and morbidity rate and csec rate than we and the US do despite the fact that their care is primarily midwifery driven.

The name of the programmer at triple J is Justine - affectionately known a "Queen Justine".  Perhaps through triple J and maybe the ABC in general we may be able to get a bit more information out to the public both on NMAP and birth options generally.  Triple J is a youth program and it is the young women coming into their childbearing years who are most affected by the current limitations in the system - so maybe promote this option as youth orientated.

Just a thought

Debby

-- This mailing list is sponsored by ACE Graphics. Visit to subscribe or unsubscribe.