I think maybe you're confusing communism with fascism.  A communist, or communism is a social system where people share goods and services.  A fascist, or fascism is a one party system of government where there are distinct classes and individuals are inferior to the state and control is maintained by military force and rigid censorship - quite the opposite of communism.  When I think of the way I've been treated by some Obs ("I studied for 10 years in medical school, and you are but a minion"), and the way they rigidly control a women's experience of birth, I think of fascism.  Not to undermine your German patients experience, because many communist societies have failed, but I feel obliged to explode the myths about communism.  Thats my lesson for the day, and I dont even know how we got to that, but anyway!!!  Have a good weekend!
Macha.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Rhonda
Sent: Friday, 28 June 2002 7:29 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Fw: RE: slogan

-------Original Message-------

From: Rhonda
Date: Friday, June 28, 2002 19:28:48
Subject: RE: slogan

Isn't that funny - I was telling a woman about how I was treated during the birth f my sin and what was said and done and her reaction was this..
"I came out here from Communist germany and that is what you would have expected there 20 yrs ago - I didn't think that sort of treatment was possible - Not in Australia, Not in this day and age."
After that I can only wonder if maybe I was treated worse than anyone else ever is or if our Ob's are communists after all?

Just something to think about!

Rhonda