I think you will find that you cannot be denied employment because of your immunization ststus.  Have you had your titre [or whatever] checked? You may find you have antibodies to Hep B anyway, I have, and have never been immunized. Maureen.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Janelle & Lyndon Webb
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 10:43 AM
To: ozmidwifery
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Hepatitis B vaccination

I know that vaccination is an emotive issue, and usually I keep my own convictions quiet, but has anyone been refused employment because they are not vaccinated? I have been working in nursing now for ten years, four of those in the field of midwifery and I have never had a problem with my personal decision, carried on from that of my parents when I was a child, not to be vaccinated but to use natural methods of protecting my immune system. However, there was a big scare (a healthcare worker was diagnosed with Hepatitis B and they recalled all the mothers and babies that had been in contact with the individual for testing) at a public hospital where I wish to seek casual employment. Hepatitis B vaccination is a now not just a recommendation but a condition of employment, I am still making enquiries re conscientious objection, but wondered if anyone had any experiences in this area.