Get them to read MaureenMinchin's 'Food for Thought"..   Bound to make one stop and think about formula.    Maureen.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of barbara glare & chris bright
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 6:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Controlled crying

Dear Darren,

Has your friend considered that if she formula feeds she will pre-dispose her baby to getting more illnesses and infections.  If she thinks life is tough getting up to a new baby, consider how tough it will be to get up to a sick baby.  (I'm sounding so grumpy cos I have been, not a baby though, a 7 yr old)  If you explain this to her, do it in a gentle, empathetic way.  I'm too tired to add appropriate empathy.  I'm tired of formula being seen as a completely benign choice.  Lately I've had a rash of mums who have breastfed their 1st children, but are considering formula feeding their 2nd children because they don't have "the time to waste" breastfeeding their 2nd.  Anyone got any ways to combat that line of thinking?

Love, Barb