I have emailed ninemonths regarding the third stage management advice on
this page.  Parts of this website really are a worry.  Regards, Lois

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joyce, Sally (nee Ferguson)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 1:28 PM
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] inverted uterus

Hi all,

Just on the matter of pulling on the cord of a placenta. I was looking
through Aussie websites early this week and came across an "Unexpected
Births" article on www.ninemonths.com.au - Australia's online guide to
birth, pregnancy and life.

The article provides advice for those unexpected births (without medical
/ midwife assistance available) and suggests that if the placenta does
not come away in 1/2 hour in very rapid births or 10 mins in unintended,
often premature labour, than one should gentle but steadily pull the
placenta out.

Now I am definitely not an expert on these matter (just a very
passionate consumer) but to suggest that a
mother/father/partner/neighbour/etc should attempt to pull out the
placenta in an unplanned "unassisted birth" can't be good can it?

Sally.