Dear Jan

I can’t look it up for you because I’ve loaned out my copy of “Guide to Effective Care” by Enkin, Kierse etc but I’ll bet there be something research based in there as to the appropriate care of the woman in this situation.

That’s what I’d be turning to for info.

I wonder also if the SIDS assoc would be of any assistance with guidance / recommendations.

Otherwise if there is no sign of infection my best guess is that there is no good  medical reason to induce, so she is within her rights to refuse the medical treatment. Is her blood pressure ok ?

hug

Julie Clarke

Childbirth and Parenting Educator

Transition into Parenthood Classes