I’m astounded by the silence on this issue…

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Sally Westbury
Sent:
Monday, 9 September 2002 2:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Midwifery in
Victoria

Tina, or anyone else who know,

I’m curious to know how (or if) the insurance issues for the Midwifery students has been resolved.

I would also urge people to be careful about naming any midwife in Victoria who may be attending homebirths. It is my understanding that the Nurses Board of Victoria will deregister anyone who attends a homebirth with out the professional indemnity insurance that we cannot get, if they are informed of it. This information could come from any person. Say someone who doesn’t like homebirths reads in the newspaper or on ozmidwifery that a midwife has been publically thanked for her help, they ring the board and tell them.. the board can deregister them.

Sound like a witch hunt to me. I’m glad I’m not there but am really worried who will be next.

What action is happening in Victoria to discuss this with the Board at present? What help do you need in Victoria?

Sally Westbury