On a personal level I took some tramadol earlier this year for back spasm pain. I only took one lot of two and whilst I got good pain relief I was really knocked around by it. I then just used rest and heat till the spasm ceased three days later. My sister is currently using it for back pain she has due to an internal protruding disc. She is in heaps of pain and is to have an operation later this month. She has told me she will only use it at night as it sends her off her dial and she feels she wouldn't be able to work whilst taking it. She said she had this funny feeling where she thought her hands and feet were coming directly out of her torso and that she didn't have arms and legs. She also sounds all high when you speak to her after she has had some.
Jackie