thanks, Jan, I didn't know the term haptonomic...exactly what does it mean? Never occurred to me women wouldn't do that...surely they do? ...don't they...er...
aviva
*********
Whatever happened to the old haptonomic approach to getting to know the
baby?

Don't mothers stroke, caress, talk, and play with their babies in utero
anymore? Usually this is spontaneous behaviour but some mothers need to be
taught the value of a daily quiet time with baby, especially those mothers
who come home tired from working each evening.

The haptonomic approach is surely much more fun (and dad can join in too)
than watching the poor little mite turn it's ears away from the intruding
ultrasound wave ... When you see the baby waving it's arms around it's
trying to block it's ears!

Why have we become a society that is willing to subject it's unborn to
distressing tests without a clinical indicator?

Jan