Title: Re: [ozmidwifery] big baby fear?
I'll say it's a good week!  Warms my heart and gives me hope to hear stories like this.  THanks Judy

Melissa

----------
From: "Judy Chapman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] big baby fear?
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 8:09 PM

The woman I worked with today had a CS without labour for a 'big baby' for her first birth. She was also diagnosed as a gestational diabetic that pregnancy. Baby was 3870 - comfy but not particularly big.
Booked for a CS tomorrow, came in with ruptured membranes and some contractions last night and despite interference had a successful vaginal birth under her own steam at midday. Needless to say she is very happy. As am I. Good week this week.

Judy

: RE: [ozmidwifery] big baby fear?
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 13:41:01 +1100
Big baby would, in my books, be over 4000. A lot does depend on the size of
the mother. Why the caesar? Hopefully not for 'big baby'