Lesia,

Yes you are right I wasn't commenting on Claudia paying for her birth in the
UK.  You made a comment about supporting all choice and you then replied to
say you include my choice as well.

This is great, but I don't have it!

I understand that we must not vent our frustrations on women that choose
medicalised birth (I just feel sorry for them and their bub, btw did you see
that poor bub being pulled from its Mother in the US on Discovery Channel
last night, it nearly made me vomit, and then the health worker say how
great she felt being around birth! Sad stuff, this wasn't birth, this was
production line abuse!)

What makes me sooooo mad is that international best practice care is so much
cheaper but I still can't access it!!! Yes we all know why power and control
etc.

I vote (as do many others) for the NZ 'birth payment' to allow women to
truly decide.  Then I couldn't care less who has a elec c/s or births from
their toe!!!

What will then happen is what happens in NZ, women will flock to midwife
care (differing birth locations but midwife care) because even  as MC an
others continue to elevate the midwife, she is largely invisible, women out
their have no idea they could have 1 to 1 care and form a relationship with
I carer!  Sadly some midwives think the same, and brand our work as
promoting "Rolls Royce care".  To put the record straight, you bet it's
Rolls Royce Care" but it's achievable on a "Holden Budget".

Justine Caines