When this is true, babys can sleep in there favorite position all times if the matras is wrapped and we don’t have to make parents anxious anymore.

Greetings
Lieve

On 14-02-2003 08:04, "Aviva Sheb'a" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

surely not putting baby on front is crappy for development?
aviva
----- Original Message -----
From: Lieve Huybrechts <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 6:03 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] <no subject>

Dear friends,

I don't know if this topic has been discussed in the group already, but it
interests me. The sleeping rules for babys (not on their tummy anymore)
causes a lot of problems with back and neck muscles of children 3-4 months
of age and later, because the parents are made so anxious that they even in
daytime don't put their baby on the tummy anymore.
On the website of midwifery today is a study (in Englisch :-))
Baby's Bedding: Is It Creating Toxic Nerve Gasses? by Joanne B. Quinn, RMA,
PhD (http://www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/bedding.asp

It's an New zealand and UK study.  In our country it is unknown. Do you all
know more or have some toughts about it?

Greetings
Lieve