-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of nat j
Sent: Monday, 26 May 2003 10:04
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ozmidwifery] 2 questions about pregnancy

       Hello, my name is Nat and im a direct entry midwifery student and i
had two questions asked of me which i could not answer with any certainty by
a pregnant woman and i was hoping for a little push in the right direction,
or an answer.

They were;

Whether labor is generally longer or shorter with an epidural for a second
baby, or not? and

What would be the cause of the child bearing woman's severe, almost period
pain like, cramping below her pregnant belly that goes out towards the hip
region?

I was thinking that it could be her uterus streaching, but with the pain
extending to her hips i wasn't sure and wanted another opinion

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thankyou.