Hi Lyle
You can count me in too if you can get me there! The closest I have ever
been to Pitcairn is Norfolk and that's a long way from you.

However, the reality is that you will probably be unassisted except for the
woman's immediate family and the priority now would be to prepare them all
for a natural birth (if natural birth is unfamiliar to them and you). It is
important to work out the role of each family member in supporting the woman
through her labour and possibly assisting you if unexpected circumstances
occur.

Have you got lots of resources, videos, pictures, books depicting natural
birth so you can all get together and discuss options and prepare this
woman's birth plan with her? Also discuss what will be focused on as pain
management. The woman will do much better without drugs and needs to have a
plan on how she will achieve this.  Verbal analgesia from her family will
help.

I can send you a copy of a really good birth plan electronically that will
guide you in your discussion with this woman if you would like it.
Discussing aspects of the birth plan at each prenatal visit will remind you
to leave no part of the pregnancy, labour/birth and aftercare untouched and
will in fact become your documentation of obtaining informed consent for
your management.

Regards
Jan Robinson

 Jan Robinson                             Phone/fax: 011+ 61+ 2+ 9546 4350
 Independent Midwife Practitioner         e-mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 8 Robin Crescent                         www:   midwiferyeducation.com.au
 South Hurstville  NSW  2221              National Coordinator, ASIM