From: "Nola Aicken" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Re: presentation - words of wisdom?
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 01:03:02 +1000
Thanks Jo and Melissa for your responses. Whilst your comments are invaluable, I was actually wondering about midwives perceptions on whether they think it is possible to have an active birth in a public hospital. As a clinician myself, I find that it is becoming a rarity to see a woman come into the unit in which I work and have an active birth, without some form of intervention. Indeed it is not all about the obstetrical model. The last woman I cared for in labour, during a night shift, was in the unit 10 minutes and stated, "I want an epidural. It is my right!" That's a hard call!
Nola

Hot chart ringtones and polyphonics. Click here -- This mailing list is sponsored by ACE Graphics. Visit to subscribe or unsubscribe.