Title: Re: [ozmidwifery] there is hope yet!
Hi Mary
Can I put this in the Summer Communique?
I would still love to have some IPM news from you as well.
Also an update on where the HBA for 2004 is at.
Justine thought we may have to cancel ours here as there has been only a few pay up so far and she has booked speakers that have plane fares paid.  We’ll know by the end of this week if the conference is still a goer.
Still having meetings about the funded homebirths but now we are having additional meetings to include “ALL the significant stakeholders” and that is bound to [EMAIL PROTECTED]) it up. I thought the only significant stakeholders were the were the homebirth women and midwives. Oh well, I’m wrong again.

Can you still see your way clear to stay on the Communique list of representatives even though you have not resubscribed? It just looks better when we negotiate with the DofH that they see us as a NATIONAL NETWORK of IPMs. I’d really appreciate it if you could do it.

By the way I’ve just read Tracy’s report. Really interesting reading but ulitmately doesn’t help us too much. I get the impression that we will never have the type of midwife-led-care seen in the UK and Netherlands until we have a MIDWIVES ACT in all states.

I’m trying to get a copy of ours – and guess what? It hasn’t been signed off by the Governor yet.
When I approached the Govt Printer for a copy he couldn’t find it – I fear it is still a NURSES ACT, albeit and AMMENDED ONE. It will probably be called the NURSES ACT AMMENDMENTS and be an add on to the existing document so we still won’t have any public recognition of midwives. Am going to check it out with the Chief Nurse today.

Cheers
Jan