Greetings.

May I introduce myself firstly by telling you up front that I am not a
midwife, doula or
obstetric professional.  I was however a registered nurse,  have had five
babes and have plenty of questions and thoughts regarding birth.
A friend of mine who lectures in midwifery suggested this list as a good
place to be.
I had a hideous birth experience in January (the chance of it happening
again is supposed to be greater then 1 in 1,000,000)  and though I do not
wish to sue my ob,  I still need some answers that he can't / won't give me.
But before I launch into my story I thought I should check it out with you
guys first to see if you are happy to have me around.
I will understand if you think that this is an inappropriate place for me to
be.

TIA,   Sonia.

PS.  I am an Australian and I was a member of the Ican list.  I left it
because I really needed local  'talk'.   KWIM?