-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of *G and S*
Sent: Sunday, 12 October 2003 7:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ozmidwifery] new here/okay?

Greetings.

May I introduce myself firstly by telling you up front that I am not a
midwife, doula or obstetric professional.  I was however a registered
nurse,  have had five babes and have plenty of questions and thoughts
regarding birth. A friend of mine who lectures in midwifery suggested
this list as a good place to be. I had a hideous birth experience in
January (the chance of it happening again is supposed to be greater then
1 in 1,000,000)  and though I do not wish to sue my ob,  I still need
some answers that he can't / won't give me. But before I launch into my
story I thought I should check it out with you guys first to see if you
are happy to have me around. I will understand if you think that this is
an inappropriate place for me to be.

TIA,   Sonia.

PS.  I am an Australian and I was a member of the Ican list.  I left it
because I really needed local  'talk'.   KWIM?