From: "Jo Bourne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2003 8:53 PM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Compulsory heelpricks for newborns plea - MJA

We passed on pretty much everything but this test and it was a complete
non-event, my daughter fed through the test without even wincing, I can't
really understand why you wouldn't do it. But the idea of making it
compulsory scares me, I wonder what would be next - many people can't
understand why I wouldn't vaccinate.

At 12:06 +1000 20/10/03, Sally Williams wrote:
>Personally, I believe that parents should be encouraged to have this test
on their babies. Surely a moment's discomfort is worth a lifetime of
illness, or no life at all!

>Sally

Will make for some interesting conversation at work.  I hope I have pasted
the link correctly.  The word mandatory always sends shivers down my spine.

<http://news.ninemsn.com.au/Health/story_52510.asp>http://news.ninemsn.com.a
u/Health/story_52510.asp

--
Jo Bourne