Sorry, should have been more clear. I am accustomed to EDB meaning epidural block and EDC for expected date of confinement- archaic I guess but there you go.
Monica
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2004 10:10 PM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] VBAC/ twins/lotus

Please, what is EDB?  We use those initials for Expected Date of Birth.  What state are you in Monica?  Thanks, MM

Where I work, twins are encouraged but not forced to have epidurals and EDB is used liberally whether VBAC or not... I remember when I was a student (>20yrs) they were thingy about EDB in VBAC but not for at least the past 15 years- no increase in rupture etc. What is the reason for limiting them in VBAC? Just out of curiosity.
As our policy is VBAC regardless of mothers wishes, in such a case we would plan an attempt at least for a labour at term, especially after a previous normal birth.
Monica

.