Hi,
I'm new to the list but had to add a bit to the caesarean section issue.  Doing an assignment last year we had to analyse some perinatal statistics (Qld).  In the last 30 years the maternal mortality rate has slowly and steadily increased (figures up to 1996)  and while they didn't give a breakdown on the maternal deaths, surely this has to be due to the slow but steady increase in caesarean section?  It is unbelievable that in 30 years of medical advances that more women are dying - and no one is looking for the cause.  I didn't see the 60 minutes program, but was there any mention of the increased maternal mortality with caesareans?

Michelle