Hi Jenni

Welcome to the world of independent midwifery. You can usually pick up good deals on most of the items you have mentioned if you attend the Trade and Education exhibitors at the State, National and International ACMI Conferences. If you are going to Brisbane to the ICM in July you will get some great prices there, especially if you utilise the buying power of a group of like-minded individuals. Often the prices on Dopplers are reduced for Conference buyers and a further discount is provided if two or three of you buy together.

Another tack is to start attending meetings of the local IPMs and ask them who they buy from - someone may even have some second-hand home birth equipment for sale.

Yours in independent midwifery
Jan

Jan Robinson Independent Midwife Practitioner
National Coordinator Australian Society of Independent Midwives
8 Robin Crescent South Hurstville NSW 2221 Phone/Fax: 02 9546 4350
e-mail address: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> website: www.midwiferyeducation.com.au