From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au>
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2005 2:15 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] newbie after some help :)

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been reading everyones posts with great interest over the last few
weeks and I have to say that everyone has such a great amount of knowledge
combined it's fantastic and inspirational!

> I'll take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Holly I'm a first year
bmid student at uts in nsw. This is the first year nsw has run the course
and I am one of only 29! We all feel very honoured to have been chosen to do
this course but overwhelmed and a bit scared!!  I have four children who
keep me very busy, but a fantastic husband and a very flexible nanny who
have been my lifeline in the first four weeks (only 3 years to go! yipee!!)

> So my question is : I'm doing a critical reflection on an incident i
observed in delivery 2 wks ago. I'm after articles etc that are about fear
of pain in labour which can lead to ineffective pushing. Also relevant would
be articles on how the pain of labour/childbirth can lead to delayed bonding
between mother and baby.

> Pardon me if I use incorrect language in my descriptions (i'm struggling
with the politically correct stuff).

> I'm also interested in knowing if Royal Hospital in Brisbane will look at
employing bmids in 3 yrs time? I think someone on here is from that
hospital?