Date: 27/05/2005 11:50:07 a.m.
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Consent

Hi everyone

I was just wondering what people had experience with in regards to the
New Born Screening Test, Vit K and Hep B vaccine. Where I work, we
obtain written consent for the Vit K antenatally , oral consent for the
Hep B and NBST at the time. A midwife I worked with the other day was
saying that where she used to work it was the other way around, written
for Hep B and oral for the Vit K and NBST.

I was looking after a woman the other day that was actually booked into
Nepean and they obtain written consent for all 3 procedures...

I'm just wondering what other people have come across....

Katrina