The last twin birth that I had the misfortune to be involved
with was a few years ago. I had caught the first babe and the
woman had been talked into all the interventions that you all
know about. Then the OB (fairly obviously playing up to the
crowd!) did an ARM with the second twin nowhere near the cx,
could not bring a pole down, CTC plummeted and we had an
emergency CS on our hands. Poor dad was left holding twin 1 as
we raced away to OR. Baby was ok but I know in my heart that all
that drama was not necessary. I tried to debrief them a little
but the OB had 'saved' the baby.
Cheers
Judy