Hi All

Janet consumer letters are published quite regularly (well MC members seem
to be).  I had a corker refuting Pieter Mourik's  assertion re homebirth
safety where I called him 'factually impotent' Letters to the Ed are hard to
crack.  I have a 50/50 success rate.  After a while you adapt to a style (I
can write 200 very cutting words these days to span the myriad of issues but
it has TAKEN A LOT OF PRACTICE!)

Remember you will never get published if you go over word count.

I would congratulate Adam Cresswell for naming Obstetricians groups as
"Industrial lobby groups"! I love it.  Also let's ask Dr Pesche about his
evidence on Australian safety re midwife models (we know he hasn't got it!!)

E-mail is always best (but most do that these days I know).

Some allow 250 words but I seem to stay on 200!

They rather individuals not orgs (so unless I am correcting a wrong of an
article I have been in and one usually gets right of reply) I go as an
individual.

Keep up the great work

Kind regards

Justine Caines