From: owner-ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au [mailto:owner-ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au] On Behalf Of Anne Clarke
Sent: Tuesday, 20 September 2005 10:29 AM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] "Midwifery led units"

Dear Sally,

You and the Ryde Birth Centre still looked terrific to me.  Liked how the one Ob. supported Midwives in the 7.30 report.

The couple who had ob care and had a 38hr labour and ended up with forceps - would have transferred her long ago and so no wait on ongoing care.  The 7.30 report inferred that the mother would have had to wait another 20 minutes for transport before getting her forcep birth, although with Midwifery care she would have probably been transferred long before she needed the forceps anyway.  I am sure the ob was waiting just outside the door 'just in case' he needed her for her forcep birth. So frustrating when they do not report in context.

What is wrong with 'Midwifery led units'?

Regards
Anne Clarke
Birth Centre, Brisbane