From: "Nicole Carver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au>
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] Lactation after ART
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:56:07 +1000

Another observation about women who have had ART, they are often anxious. It
is difficult for an anxious woman to sit and finish a breast feed properly,
or even sometimes recognise feeding cues.
I wouldn't completely discount a hormonal link, although the hormones play a
larger part in early lactation, from memory I think after three to four
months lactation is mostly under autocrine control ie local feedback
mechanisms in the breast (This might benefit from a bit more investigation
though).
Cheers,
Nicole.