From: "Nicola Morley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au>
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] Strep B screening
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 15:17:25 +1100

Can I ask a personal question on this one? Last birth (January 2003,
Gosford Hospital Community Midwives) I was given intravenous antibiotics
automatically because I had been StrpB positive in the previous
pregnancy. I wasn't retested. I am pregnant again - will I be
automatically assumed to have Strep B again? will I be tested again? Is
it even possible to be clear now even if I have been Strep B positive in
the past or am I hoping in vain to avoid the treatment? It only bothers
me because I like to spend a LOT of labour on my hands and knees and I
found the drip in my hand very uncomfortable. If it is inevitable to
have them again, what is the best plan of action? To stay home as long
as possible? To ask for the drip in my forearm instead of the back of my
hand? Any other suggestions. I will of course talk about it with the
midwives when I book in next week, but just wondering in the meantime,
seeing the topic has come up here!

Nicola Morley
Trainee Doula