From: "Susan Cudlipp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 1:51 AM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] rooming in

I totally agree with you Brenda. It is part of our caring role for the time
the mothers are with us to be flexible to their needs.  We have a 'rooming
in' policy and the babies are with mum the majority of the time, but I get
annoyed when this is used as a reason NOT to take the babies when mum
requests a break, or if it is evident that they need one.  They go back for
breast feeds, but we can change nappies and cuddle a restless bub when we
are not busy, as you say, we are being paid to stay awake and any new mum
usually needs to catch up on some sleep.
Sue
nothing"
Edmund Burke