Title: Message
Hi wise people on this list,
this must be the day for people asking for proposal assistance.
I am horrified at the lack of breast feeding facilities were I work. It seems we have lactation breaks written into our industrial awards but there has been no consideration to facilities. I want to change that to create a quiet, accessible facility that staff can go to. This would enable them to breast feed their child if the child is present or express if they want to. If anyone has a facility where they work that fits this idea could they tell me how they created the environment, what facilities were essential, not so essential and what didn't work? I hope to contact local community groups for funding of breast pumps and whatever else is needed.

Another sad fact is that we are all aging. a midwife who is at end stage renal failure has just started Peritoneal Dialysis. When she is on a late shift she is forced into the small toilet ante room with a chair and IV pole to run in her fluid. takes half hour when she is sitting there. No comforts like TV and good chairs to sit in. There are no 'sick bays' in hospitals so I was sort of thinking incorporating her needs into this area would also be a consideration.
If screened appropriately do you think that would cause discomfort to mothers who are nurses or midwives when expressing or breast feeding?
Thanks for any assistance people can give me.
Cheers Barb