Tania, where did you access the midwives PI list?
meg
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 8:24 PM
Subject: RE: [ozmidwifery] re . insurance for midwives

Can I just say that I don’t think anyone is shooting anything down, I’m really glad that there is finally some open discussion going on around this issue!  There are many of us over in SA who are feeling a bit in the dark about where things are up to, and what having our name on this list means.  I’m open to having a look at what is on offer, I think it’s great that after all this time, someone is willing to take us on and offer us something that is possibly affordable.   I can see however why midwives might be hesitant to allow an insurance company to take over the running of their finances, tax payments etc, especially given the reality of working as an IPM, ie not every midwife bills and expects payment in the same way, and not every woman can afford to pay up front etc.  I can just understand how confronting it might be to have to change the entire way one works regarding payment etc and I’m wondering how a one size fits all plan might work for 200 or so people that all run their businesses very differently.   Please can we keep the open dialogue going on this issue, and is there some way that we can have access to any minutes etc from the meetings that have been taking place?  I am on the Midwives PI list, but can’t receive attachments via that list, so is there some way that each of the IPM groups in each state can be sent the information about where things are up to for now?

Cheers

Tania