Sent: Sunday, September 03, 2006 1:01 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Synto question

Just a quick question.... does anyone know how long Syntocinon can be out of refrigeration before it starts loosing its effectiveness?  Where I am working at the moment there are an amazing number of PPH's, and also the common practice of drawing up the synto and having it ready often hours before the birth.

 Aside from all the other medical intervention which would contribute to PPH, if controlled cord traction is started after a dose of ineffective synto, it's probably contributing to the PPH's.

Cheers
Michelle

On Yahoo!7
Photos: Unlimited free storage – keep all your photos in one place!

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Dating: Get busy flirting with your 7-day free pass