I share Päivi’s opinion, Kelly J. If I could go, I’d want to know about effective ways to counter myths and prejudices which originally came from people with authority and which cause people to have serious doubts about the whole deal.

From: owner-ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au [mailto:owner-ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au] On Behalf Of Päivi Laukkanen
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 9:43 AM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Marketing the Midwife & the Doula

Hi Kelly,

Sounds like a great idea, wish I could go... If I would be able to make it would like to know how to do the lobbying for a good cause! One thing I have noticed, that many midwifes or birth centres don't have a professional looking website or a brochure to give out. This is something, what I find essential in today's world. I have thought, that I could use my skills and work with my sister, who is a graphic designer to come up with a template for a birthrelated website and a template for a brochure and a business card. You could also use your own photoes with the template. This would make it so much easier for someone to get all the good looking material even if they don't have the skills for that part of the business. Well, it would take me a while to get it done, but this is just an idea I have had.

Päivi