Hi all,

I am writing an article on episiotomy. I need to know what is the % of intact perineum among homemidwifes or birth centres? This is when the mother is having a natural birth.

Does this change if the mother has an epidural and is having the baby in a hospital? What I mean is that how much can the hospital midwife do to save the perineum if the mother has opted for epidural? Is it still mainly to do with the skills of the midwife? Or is it a harder job with a medicated mom?

Do you all practise hot compresses, perineal massage with oil (during birth) / perineal support?

What is the % of intact peri in a waterbirth?

Many questions... Thank you for any ideas or comments.

Päivi