That’s right gbs is group b streph which is found on vaginal swab at 36 weeks treated with benzpennicillin during labour every 4 hours commencing with a loading dose of 3 gms then 1.2 gm every four hours while in active labour.

Regards  sharon

From: owner-ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au [mailto:owner-ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au] On Behalf Of Ceri & Katrina
Sent: Friday, 6 October 2006 7:32 PM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] GBS and Staph

Isn't GBS a staph infection??? Been awhile since I was at work, relishing in the time off work with little munchkin who is now 3 and bit months old.

katrina

On 06/10/2006, at 7:06 PM, Kelly @ BellyBelly wrote:

One of the women on my site has just found out she has both of these things. She said she has googled for hours and can’t find anything on Staph specifically. Can someone pass on some knowledge on what this is going to mean? I have never heard of someone having both before…. She’s almost 38wks…

Best Regards,

Kelly Zantey
Creator, BellyBelly.com.au
Conception, Pregnancy, Birth and Baby