We're pretty crap, not surprisingly. The latest OECD figures for c-secs I've
seen were 2005, anyone seen 2006? We had a higher rate of c-secs in 2005 than
the US. Try a search for OECD figures, they're pretty eye opening.
  From: Kristin Beckedahl
  To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
  Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 10:42 AM
  Subject: [ozmidwifery] Birth Stats around the world..?

  Hi All,

  I was wondering how Australia compares to rest of world re interventions into
birth.  I know its pretty *up there* on the grand scale but can anyone give me
some other countries - either on the lower end or higher end above us.

  My guess is USA very high??............Netherlands/Austria/New Zealand?? down
the low end.

  This is just to use is I'm asked in my CBE class!

  Many thanks,

  Kristin