From: ozmoss@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozm...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf Of Paul Noone
Sent: Monday, 3 August 2009 10:09 AM
To: ozmoss@ozmoss.com
Subject: Can't add column to CT

Hi all,

I'm getting the follow error when trying to add a column to a content type.
What's odd is that I'm sure the column was already present. The error seems
to indicate as much but the column doesn't appear in the list for the
content type description.

A duplicate name "Document_x0020_Type" was found.   at
Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFieldLinkCollection.Add(SPFieldLink fieldLink)
   at
Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.AddFieldToContentTypePage.UpdateWeb()
   at
Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.AddFieldToContentTypePage.Update(Objec
t o, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String
eventArgument)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler
sourceControl, String eventArgument)

Regards,

Paul

Online Developer, ICT