Chris,
               I would like to backup what Sezai is saying, with the release of
the new 2010 product stack (and not just SharePoint applications), there is a
whole lot of new certifications and information being released that will be the
way to go for certifications.

If you really feel that your organisation is going to hold a 2007 cert in high
regards for the next 18-24 months, then, if I was in your shoes I 'may'
consider it, but more than likely I would still lean towards getting the new
2010 certs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Adam Clark