We've been lucky to obtain a booth at the conference where people can come
up and talk about user group, get put in contact with their local group or
just have a catch up, its a pretty informal booth.

Also hoping to organize some laptops to have a play with / white board with
SharePoint right then and there in a middle of a convo :)

SharePint anyone? :P